Date: 21st & 22nd November 2013
Venue: Menara PGRM, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.
• to stimulate dialogue and exchange between theory, research and practice in art education
• to enhance the role of art education in promotion of creativity in art, social responsibility, social cohesion, cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue.
Three key themes which are highlighted in the Seminar presentations are:
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION and QUALITY.
• Diversity includes awareness, knowledge and communication of cultural practices to celebrate heritage, identities, and values through art and learning;
• Inclusion indicates expanding horizons in the arts to promote dynamic integration with socially, culturally, and globally embedded perspectives.
• Quality relates to Balancing cognitive development and emotional process through creative teaching and active learning.
We would also like to highlight the following key issues in our workshop sessions:
• strategy for promoting creativity / creative aspect in art teaching
• art psychology / art appreciation / quality in aesthetic education
• exam-oriented education in art.
The above themes will be reflected in various seminar events
• two keynote sessions
• two plenary sessions
• three workshops
• panel discussions
Seminar Distinguished Speakers:
The seminar invites five world-class master of fine art educators as speakers, include
. Dr. Bernard Darras, Dean of Doctoral Program, Sorbonne University Paris 1
. Dr. Chew Teng Beng, Former Professor in Fine Art, Malaysia
. Dr. John Steers, Chair, Council for Subject Associations, UK
. Dr. Michael Parsons, Research Professor of University of Illinois, US
. Dr. Yichien Cooper, Professor of Washington State University Tri-Cities, US
• This seminar will be a grand gathering for the relevant people from the circle of art education, education, arts, community development and other interested individuals and groups.
• We expect 300 participants mostly from Malaysia and other ASEAN countries. They include:
• formal school art educators
• non-formal-school art educators
• art curators
• art lecturers
Hotels nearby our venue:
• MH hotel formerly known as Seri Cempaka service suite, it is in Manara PGRM same building with our seminar venue. If you like to book this MH hotel pls call 03-92896888 (Ms. Nik) mention that you are attending Malaysian Junior Art Education Association seminar, you will enjoy a special hotel rate.http://www.mhhotel-residences.
• Early Bird Rate RM290.00 (register before 31st Aug 2013 )
• Member Rate. RM250.00
• Non-member Rate RM350.00
(Inclusive of Handouts, Certificate, Lunch, Refeshment & Group Photo)
Closing Date : 30th Sept 2013 (Limited to 300 seats)
You might double click and save the registration foam attach at below then fill in the particulars needed and email or post it to us or go for online register
Payment : Please make full payment to:
Account Name : Malaysian Junior Art Education Association
Bank : UOB Account No : 3633 001 8454
Cheque / Bank Draft / Wang Pos no:
Pls email the Bank in Slip or online transfer statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Oh Moo Tan : 012-7021919
Ms.Wong Pei See : 012-2327855
Ms. Hu Ley Ming : 012-7189234
Mr. Jerry Tay : 012-7089234